What kind of sugar should I use?
Where can I find maple flavoring?
Why to you add salt?
While salt isn’t a strictly necessary ingredient in this recipe, I like to add it for a few reasons. First, salt is a flavor enhancer so it can bring out the other flavors in the syrup. Second, I think a bit of salt can cut the sweetness of the sugar. Last, I just feel fancy when I add a pinch of salt to a dish.
How to Make Maple Flavored Syrup
This video will walk you through the steps, so you can use this simple maple flavored syrup recipe on your breakfast table today.
More Recipes for Your Ergo Spout®
Simple Maple Flavored Syrup
- Sauce Pan
- Mason jar
- Ergo Spout
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp maple flavoring
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add other ingredients and turn the heat down to low.
- Simmer on low until all the sugar dissolves.
- Pour into a mason jar and serve with an Ergo Spout®.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.